Born in an artistic family, my early creative guidance comes from my mother who is a mixed media artist. She equipped me with the necessary fundamentals at a young age. With self-directed training and workshops with well-known oil painters, I decided to pursue painting seriously in 2016.
For me, painting is a form of communication and a constant process of self-discovery. I embrace impressionism to depict ordinary, everyday scenes. The discipline of direct painting is important to me and it has helped me develop a loose handling of paint to capture the nuances of light. Though primarily an oil painter, I have recently started exploring dry media like charcoal and graphite.
My first solo exhibition was held in 2018 and my paintings have been shown in various art galleries in Bermuda. Recently, some of my works were displayed in Federation of Canadian Artists shows. I am an actuary by training and have worked with multinational companies in the US and Bermuda. I currently reside in Montréal with my family.
Past exhibitions include
- October 2019 - ARTTRAM Salon d'ART 2019, Montréal
- November 2018 - Solo show "Bermuda in Bloom" at Masterworks Art Gallery, Bermuda
- Bermuda Society of Arts - 2018 Members' Spring and Winter Shows
- Bermuda Arts Center at Dockyards - 2018: Plein Air Show; Black & White (members' show); In Threes (members' show)
- Bermuda Society of Arts - 2017 Members' Winter Show
- August 2017 - Joint exhibition at Masterworks Art Gallery, Bermuda